Founded in 2018 in Dublin by experienced security engineers, Tines makes enterprise automation simple. Security and operations teams are too often stuck doing manual, repetitive tasks, and we want to change that. Tines is an automation platform designed to allow anyone to automate any manual task, regardless of complexity. No apps, plugins, or custom code required. With 1,000+ template options for common security actions, Tines is power and simplicity through direct integration with your existing tools.
Now a well-funded, early-stage start-up, Tines is backed by some of the world’s most respected investors and trusted by the world's leading security teams to streamline security automation work. We’re scaling quickly and building our team for the journey. We guarantee lots of challenges, growth and learning as well as the opportunity to be part of a world class team.
We’re building the newly-established Tines Lab Research team. Our mission is to lead organisations with new and innovative ways to automate critical cybersecurity work. You will have the opportunity to experience every aspect of cybersecurity and develop automation Stories which will be used by the world’s top security teams.
We’re looking for a seasoned security engineer with experience in many aspects of cybersecurity, understanding of where security teams spend their time, and creating automation solutions to operationalise this knowledge. You will have the chance to research, work creatively, and bring insight to our customers helping them discover how to save time while spending more time on fulfilling work. You will play a critical role in evangelising security research with the broader community and driving product efficacy.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is extremely focused, excited, and technically adept to make a huge impact. You can work remotely from anywhere in Ireland.
What you will be doing:
- Research the most time consuming work in cybersecurity that many teams experience.
- Develop Tines Stories which provide automation solutions to handle repetitive work or which act as internal services supporting day-to-day tasks.
- Discover new ways to think about responding to threats and attacks through automated response actions which could be applied to many different organisations.
- Think outside the box to produce solutions that few have thought about or may only be possible by pushing the limits of other platforms.
- Evangelise solutions through blogging, team enablement, webinars, and research papers.
- Collaborate across Tines to support our partners, gain insight from sales and customer organisations, spread awareness of solutions through our marketing organisation, and provide creative ways to utilise new features as a member of the product team.
What you bring with you:
- 4 years working in the cybersecurity field such as information security research, solutions design, incident response
- Writing and presentation experience
- Experience with common software development processes and tools
- If you have proven curiosity and have demonstrated using no/low code tools as an alternative to learning how to code this would be beneficial
- Experience with reading API docs and using an API to connect tools.
- Organisational skills, are detail oriented, and able to work with high autonomy in a remote organisation
Tines provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.