Founded in 2018 in Dublin by experienced security engineers, Tines makes enterprise automation simple. Security and operations teams are too often stuck doing manual, repetitive tasks, and we want to change that. Tines is an automation platform designed to allow anyone to automate any manual task, regardless of complexity. No apps, plugins, or custom code required. With 1,000+ template options for common security actions, Tines is power and simplicity through direct integration with your existing tools.
Now a well-funded, early-stage start-up, Tines is backed by some of the world’s most respected investors and trusted by the world's leading security teams to streamline security automation work. We’re scaling quickly and building our team for the journey. We guarantee lots of challenges, growth and learning as well as the opportunity to be part of a world class team.
This role can either work on a hybrid basis out of our North American HQ in Boston, MA or be fully remote from anywhere in the Eastern US (EST time zone).
Tines is looking for an entrepreneurial and sales-driven Lead Commercial Counsel to be our first member of the Legal team in the US. You will report to our Global Head of Legal (based in Dublin) and will be a key cross-functional business partner in particular to the US Sales, Partnerships and Customer Success teams. This is a unique opportunity to own and build out an Irish SaaS company’s US in-house legal function from scratch.
What you will be doing:
- Lead negotiations of all forms of commercial contracts, such as cloud SaaS agreements, self-hosted software licensing terms, data processing agreements, partner agreements (referral, reseller, tech alliance and integration), MSAs and SOWs, MNDAs and vendor agreements
- Own the maintenance and updating of playbooks, commercial templates, sales enablement materials, etc.
- Apply your expertise in core contractual areas such as indemnification, liability, IP, security and privacy standards to our fast-paced negotiations
- Work closely with North American GTM leadership to provide world class representation
- Support global initiatives such as streamlining legal processes as we develop our product and enter new international markets, and partnering with geographic leads to ensure alignment
- Collaborate with outside counsel on complex or third party paper deals as needed
- As part of a legal operations and data driven team, help follow, enhance and develop scalable processes for all stages of deal lifecycles
What you will bring with you:
- Active good standing status membership to a US Bar
- 6-8 years’ post qualified experience preferably in-house at a SaaS B2B company (but will also consider candidates coming from private practice who have extensive experience leading negotiations on SaaS commercial contracts)
- Experienced negotiator of commercial contracts for fast-growing B2B SaaS companies
- In-depth understanding of privacy, data protection, information security, intellectual property, and other related issues that impact SaaS standards & contracts
- Excellent business judgment - you know when to say no, yes, or yes if we…
- Customer-focused mentality being mindful that your colleagues are your customers and you are there to serve in that capacity
- Savvy advocator for and protector of your client - you have a thick skin and are not phased by pushing back to protect and defend the interests of a 4.5 year old start up
- Understanding of the value of and embracing cross-functional collaboration in a rapidly scaling environment
- Enjoyment of leading and coaching others
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and turn your hand to wherever your support is needed
- Experience with CLM software (ideally Ironclad) preferred but not required
- Embodiment of our core values: speed, soundness and simplicity
Tines provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.