Founded in 2018 in Dublin by experienced security engineers, Tines makes enterprise automation simple. Security and operations teams are too often stuck doing manual, repetitive tasks, and we want to change that. Tines is an automation platform designed to allow anyone to automate any manual task, regardless of complexity. No apps, plugins, or custom code required. With 1,000+ template options for common security actions, Tines is power and simplicity through direct integration with your existing tools.
Now a well-funded, early-stage start-up, Tines is backed by some of the world’s most respected investors and trusted by the world's leading security teams to streamline security automation work. We’re scaling quickly and building our team for the journey. We guarantee lots of challenges, growth and learning as well as the opportunity to be part of a world class team.
Reporting to our Director of Data and Analytics, this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to help put data at the heart of decision making in the product and marketing space. You’ll work closely with product, engineering, design and marketing leadership to identify opportunities, solve problems and become a truly trusted advisor.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is driven by curiosity and a drive to improve things. You are focussed on having impact, willing to make some bets and comfortable being hands on and figuring things out for yourself. You’re excited by the idea of building relationships and trust with our product and marketing teams while helping to improve our overall approach to data infrastructure, analysis and impact. You are more interested in solving complex problems than finding complex solutions.
This role can be worked remotely from anywhere in Ireland.
What you will be doing:
- Embed within the product and marketing teams to gain a deep understanding of their strategy, culture and operations.
- Identify, own and drive complex data and analytics projects from design to delivery to address business needs.
- Design, implement, and leverage operating metrics to aid strategic and functional decision-making.
- Design and utilize data pipelines, reporting platforms, metrics and analytics solutions to identify trends, and provide insights through an evolving mix of ad hoc reporting, dashboards and analyses.
- Collaborate effectively with other teams to drive data integrity and improve our data ecosystem.
What you bring with you:
- Experience working as part of a data analytics team or in a product/marketing orientated consulting role.
- Have demonstrated knowledge in all elements of a data & analytics setup, e.g. BI tools (we use Looker), ETL/ELT, Databases, Data Visualisation, Web Analytics. Bonus points for experience working with logs related data.
- Are hands-on and pragmatic. The ideal candidate does not necessarily need to be a programming guru, but should be able to write complex SQL queries or pick up new concepts rapidly.
- Self-starter, able to take high level objectives and run with them to completion.
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail.
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse stakeholders.
- Has previous startup experience
- Previous experience with one or more of Looker, Snowflake, FiveTran and web-based applications
Tines provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.