Founded in 2018 in Dublin by experienced security engineers, Tines makes enterprise automation simple. Security and operations teams are too often stuck doing manual, repetitive tasks, and we want to change that. Tines is an automation platform designed to allow anyone to automate any manual task, regardless of complexity. No apps, plugins, or custom code required. With 1,000+ template options for common security actions, Tines is power and simplicity through direct integration with your existing tools.
Now a well-funded, early-stage start-up, Tines is backed by some of the world’s most respected investors and trusted by the world's leading security teams to streamline security automation work. We’re scaling quickly and building our team for the journey. We guarantee lots of challenges, growth and learning as well as the opportunity to be part of a world class team.
We're hiring engineering managers to help ensure Tines stays a great place to be an engineer. This role is about supporting your team, helping them be effective, growing our organisation, and fostering a healthy team culture.
You’ll join a supportive team that takes great pride in the work we do. We’re eager to help grow each other’s abilities, and to create an environment where we can do our best work.
You can work fully remotely from anywhere in Ireland, and also make use of our office space in Dublin as much as you want. We’ll provide a MacBook Pro and an allowance to ensure you have the best tools for the job.
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage a team of 4-6 engineers, across all levels of experience
- Support the growth and development of our engineers through regular feedback, coaching and mentorship
- Work with colleagues across departments to plan and prioritise projects, helping break them down into manageable tasks and milestones
- Facilitate useful communication between your team, other Product & Engineering teams, and other departments at Tines
- Contribute to technical discussions, while preserving autonomy for engineers
- Help make our engineering processes effective and efficient
- Work on attracting and recruiting great engineers to our team
- Foster a culture of inclusion, ambition, and collaboration
- Maintain technical familiarity through work on smaller, lower-priority engineering tasks
Is this role right for you?
- You’ll need to have a proven track record as a software engineer. Technical experience and context will be key to supporting our engineers and weighing in on technical decisions.
- You’ll need to have past experience in an engineering manager or team lead role.
- We expect managers to do some technical work, but only as a secondary priority to management work. This is usually through smaller, non-critical tasks so that we don’t run into problems if you need to drop the work suddenly. We don’t expect managers to make significant code contributions.
- The first few months of onboarding into this role includes spending some time making technical contributions on the team, allowing you to gather context and build relationships before fully taking on your management responsibilities.
- Your abilities matter, not your education or where you’ve worked. We just need you to show us that you have the skills and knowledge needed to succeed.
- Cybersecurity knowledge isn’t required. We take application security seriously, but for this role you don’t need any experience in that area.
- Our engineers work across our entire stack - backend, frontend, infrastructure and everything else. You don’t need to have expertise in all of these areas (no one on the team does), but we expect you to build familiarity with these areas as you go along, so that you have context on all the work the team does. Our set of tools is fairly simple - Ruby on Rails, React, TypeScript, Postgres, Redis, Docker and AWS.
- We work healthily and sustainably. We work reasonable hours, we take our holidays and we plan our workloads realistically. No matter how excited we get by a project, it’s more important to not get burnt out from overwork.
- Your contributions will be obvious. On a small team like ours, you don’t have to spend a tonne of time and energy making sure your work is seen - your impact will be clear to everyone.
- Like the rest of Tines, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive and supportive team. In this role you’ll have a huge impact on who we hire and what kind of culture we build, so you should share this commitment.
We’re bringing programming to everyone. With our engineering backgrounds, we can appreciate the power of using software to automate manual work. In our team, we get to use our knowledge to help bring this power to our customers, without them having to learn how to code.
Tines provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.