Founded in 2018 in Dublin by experienced security engineers, Tines makes enterprise automation simple. Security and operations teams are too often stuck doing manual, repetitive tasks, and we want to change that. Tines is an automation platform designed to allow anyone to automate any manual task, regardless of complexity. No apps, plugins, or custom code required. With 1,000+ template options for common security actions, Tines is power and simplicity through direct integration with your existing tools.
Now a well-funded, early-stage start-up, Tines is backed by some of the world’s most respected investors and trusted by the world's leading security teams to streamline security automation work. We’re scaling quickly and building our team for the journey. We guarantee lots of challenges, growth and learning as well as the opportunity to be part of a world class team.
We are looking for Technical Support Engineers to join our new Customer Support Engineering Division at Tines. This is a brand new team that will support our rapid growth and expansion in North America. We're looking for someone based in Pacific Time, therefore located in San Francisco, Seattle etc.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to assist our existing clients with resolving their technical problems when using Tines products and services and also help grow and scale the team from the ground up.
As Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for resolving customer technical queries (Tier 1 and Tier 2), recommend technical solutions and guide Tines’ product users through features and functionalities.
Being the face of Tines’ Technical Support to our customers is key to establishing a long term relationship with our existing customers, enabling them to gain maximum benefit from Tines’ software and assisting them to gain efficiencies in their day to day work.
You’ll join a supportive company that takes great pride in the work we do. We’re eager to help grow each other’s abilities, and to create an environment where we can do our best work.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide technical support for the Tines automation platform
- Handle incoming technical queries from various support channels.
- Troubleshoot customer inquiries, including but not limited to API integrations, systems issues, network and security-related impediments, 3rd party integrations, and multi-product workflows
- Resolve product or service problems by exploring the client's request, determining the cause of the problem and selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem,
- Respond to support requests via tickets, chat, email and phone successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Build strong relationships with other team members within Support and the wider company acting as the voice of the customer
- Work closely with our Customer Success / Technical Account Manager teams to support renewals and expansion opportunities
- Uses broad technical product expertise to help customers increase adoption.
- Utilize support tools and resources necessary to solve the customer issue, including Jira and proprietary logging systems
- Contribute to Customer Support resources and deliver meaningful product feedback as the voice of the customer to leadership and relevant internal teams
- Proactively identify improvements to the product, identify bugs and otherwise determine high-impact opportunities to enhance the customer experience
- Promote Tines products and services to customers and prospective customers via evaluation of their service and support needs
What you bring with you:
- Experience in a technical support role with a SaaS company can be helpful but not essential
- Your abilities matter, not your education or where you’ve worked. We just need you to show us that you have the skills and knowledge needed to succeed.
- Experience with APIs, interpreting API documentation and SDKs
- Experience handling inbound technical customer requests in a various form of channels (chat, phone, email)
- Superb customer service and communication skills
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, excellent organizational skills and superior time management skills
- Excellent software troubleshooting skills; ability to think methodically and logically.
- An understanding of the computer networking principles (Firewalls, Network Protocols, Subnetting) is beneficial but not required
We’re a new company and want to make sure we’re offering the benefits that matter most to our employees. Here’s what we have so far. If there’s something you care about that’s not listed below, please let us know.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 25 days of annual paid time off (in addition to national holidays)
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid parental leave program
- Mobile device and home broadband reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement for career development courses
Tines provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.