Founded in 2018 in Dublin by experienced security engineers, Tines makes enterprise automation simple. Security and operations teams are too often stuck doing manual, repetitive tasks, and we want to change that. Tines is an automation platform designed to allow anyone to automate any manual task, regardless of complexity. No apps, plugins, or custom code required. With 1,000+ template options for common security actions, Tines is power and simplicity through direct integration with your existing tools.
Now a well-funded, early-stage start-up, Tines is backed by some of the world’s most respected investors and trusted by the world's leading security teams to streamline security automation work. We’re scaling quickly and building our team for the journey. We guarantee lots of challenges, growth and learning as well as the opportunity to be part of a world class team.
About the Job:
We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our new Customer Support Engineering Division at Tines. This is a brand new team that will support our rapid growth and expansion globally.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to assist our existing clients with resolving their technical queries when using Tines products and services and also help grow and scale the team from the ground up.
As Technical Writer, you will be responsible for creating content that will assist both Tines customers and customer success and support engineers to resolve technical queries, recommending technical solutions, and guiding Tines product users through features and functionalities.
Being the owner of the Tines’ knowledge base for our customers is vital to the growth and success of our existing customers, enabling them to gain maximum benefit from Tines’ software and assisting them to gain efficiencies in their day-to-day work.
You’ll join a supportive company that takes great pride in the work we do. We’re eager to help grow each other’s abilities and to create an environment where we can do our best work.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Create technical content for the Tines automation platform
- Review incoming technical queries from various support channels as well as escalations from other members of the Tines organization to determine the gaps in Tines content
- Document solutions to customer inquiries, including but not limited to API integrations, systems issues, network and security-related impediments, 3rd party integrations, and multi-product workflows
- Review service problems by exploring the client's request, determining the cause of the problem, and selecting and documenting the best solution to solve the problem,
- Build strong relationships with other team members within Support and the wider company acting as the voice of the customer
- Work closely with our Customer Success / Technical Account Manager teams to document customer queries as a team, and support renewals and expansion opportunities
- Uses broad technical product expertise to help customers increase adoption
- Utilize support tools and resources necessary to document customer issues and resolutions, including Jira and proprietary logging systems
- Contribute to Customer Support resources and deliver meaningful product feedback as the voice of the customer to leadership and relevant internal teams
- Proactively identify improvements to the product, identify bugs and otherwise determine high-impact opportunities to enhance the customer experience
- Promotes Tines products and services to customers and prospective customers via evaluation of their service and support needs
What you bring with you:
- Experience in a technical support role/technical writer with a SaaS company
- Experience with APIs, interpreting API documentation and SDKs
- Superb coaching, customer service, and communication skills
- Experience with owning and successfully resolving documentation requests
- Experience creating technical content in various media formats (videos, knowledge base articles)
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, excellent organizational skills, and superior time management skills
- Excellent documentation skills with an ability to think methodically and logically
- Certification in Knowledge Centric Service (KCS) desired
- Beneficial but not required;
- An understanding of the computer networking principles (Firewalls, Network Protocols, Subnetting)
- Familiarity with at least one modern markup and programming language such as python, or similar
- Familiarity with security tools and processes (EDR, Cloud Security, phishing email analysis)
- Experience troubleshooting in a web-based environment including HTTP, JSON, HTML
- Familiarity with structured query languages such as SQL
Tines provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.