Founded in 2018 in Dublin by experienced security engineers, Tines makes enterprise automation simple. Security and operations teams are too often stuck doing manual, repetitive tasks, and we want to change that. Tines is an automation platform designed to allow anyone to automate any manual task, regardless of complexity. No apps, plugins, or custom code required. With 1,000+ template options for common security actions, Tines is power and simplicity through direct integration with your existing tools.
Now a well-funded, early-stage start-up, Tines is backed by some of the world’s most respected investors and trusted by the world's leading security teams to streamline security automation work. We’re scaling quickly and building our team for the journey. We guarantee lots of challenges, growth and learning as well as the opportunity to be part of a world class team.
As Commercial Counsel at Tines, you will act as a trusted legal advisor and a primary legal point of contact to our EMEA and U.S. sales teams, supporting and advising on the negotiation of all types of commercial contracts required in a high growth, SaaS company context. As Tines grows, you will also support the implementation of scalable contracting processes contributing to a quicker, more seamless sales cycle and consequently increased revenues. You will also play a key role in assisting with building out the in-house legal function as the company continues to scale globally.
This role is based in Ireland and reports to the Global Head of Legal who is also based in Ireland.
What you will be doing:
- Acting as a legal point of contact for both the EMEA and U.S. sales team to support on negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts and transactions (primarily SaaS agreements, MSAs and partnership agreements).
- Drafting and finalising agreements and other legal documents to ensure the protection of the company’s IPR and legal rights and to reduce risk.
- Advising internal stakeholders on key issues and risks in the company’s commercial contracts, and ensuring that the commercial contracts reflect the company’s internal standards and guidelines.
- Providing legal guidance on data protection, privacy and intellectual property matters in the context of commercial negotiations and also from the operational perspective of a scaling SaaS company.
- Managing matters and deals from a legal perspective and working independently to see them through to completion.
- Engaging with internal business stakeholders to develop a streamlined, efficient, and scalable contracting process for the company’s sales agreements.
- Actively shaping and developing the legal commercial strategy to support the company’s product offerings and sales strategy.
- Proactively managing vendor relationships and procurement policies and procedures as required.
- Working closely with the Head of Legal and playing a key role in building out the company’s in-house legal function as it scales.
What you will bring with you:
- A minimum of 3 years PQE, Irish-qualified lawyer (at a law firm or in-house environment).
- Demonstrated experience of working with or in a technology company (in private practice and/or in-house context) and an understanding of their perspective, priorities and objectives as they grow.
- Experience and expertise in drafting and negotiating contracts (experience of SaaS-related agreements strongly desired but not essential).
- In-depth knowledge of privacy, data protection, and IP related issues, laws and regulations.
- Experience in other areas of law that would benefit the company and its growth (CommTech, M&A, employment etc) - this is desirable and will be considered.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to balance the deadlines and short-term contract requirements with the long-term vision and objectives of the business.
- Familiarity with contract management tools and processes, including implementation and training.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves, use common sense and commercial acumen to clear blockers, think creatively, prioritize effectively and support the business.
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal teams / departments (Sales, HR etc), build strong client relationships, including expressing legal concepts in plain language.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills in English, strong attention to detail and demonstrated empathy.
- A passion for the principles and impact of diversity, equity and inclusion and an understanding of its importance in building and growing a successful business and enjoyable place to work.
We’re a new company and want to make sure we’re offering the benefits that matter most to our employees. Here’s what we have so far. If there’s something you care about that’s not listed below, please let us know.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 25 days of annual paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid parental leave program
- Mobile device and home broadband reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement for career development courses
Tines provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.