Automating Vulnerability Management
Tines allows users to automate the essential manual steps analysts routinely take to prioritize possible threats and minimize their "attack surface."
Some 60% of breaches involve vulnerabilities for which a patch was available but not applied. Proactively detecting security risks and loopholes is an essential part of a cybersecurity strategy for organizations large and small, even if it often turns out to be an exercise in frustration.
A secure, stable, and agile automation solution, Tines enables customers to respond faster, take action automatically, and streamline internal processes.
Customers can leverage customizable templates and easy-to-configure agents within Tines to:
- Ingest scan findings from your Vulnerability Management Tool.
- De-duplicate against existing & known vulnerabilities in your environment.
- Filter low and informational vulnerability findings where appropriate.
- Enrich scan findings from multiple sources with diagnosis and remediation information.
- Search Asset Management tools for host owner information.
- Create a ticket in your case management system assigned to host owner with vulnerability data, diagnosis & remediation information.
- Track remediation updates in collaboration tool and escalate as appropriate (after 30, 60, 90 days, etc.).
- When marked as resolved, auto-initiate another scan to confirm remediation.
Automate Manual Processes
Remove bottlenecks by automating ingesting, triaging, and tracking vulnerability management scans.
Reduce Duplication and Error
Save time by deduplicating and filtering scan results to remediate vulnerabilities impacting your environments.
Streamline and standardize the process of responding and taking action on results.
Numbers Say it All
Demonstrate time-savings and return on investment utilizing Tines’ metrics report.
- Estimated Deployment Time: 2 hours
- Required Tools: Vulnerability Management Tool (e.g. Kenna, Qualys) Case Management (e.g. JIRA, ServiceNow)
- Optional Tools: Asset Management Tool (e.g. Rippling, Workday) Collaboration Tool (e.g. Slack, Microsoft Teams)
Tines Example Automating Vulnerability Management: